Part of the challenge of providing good customer service is identifying ways to help customers understand that the products or services they receive are guaranteed by the company providing them. Customer service guarantees can be part of a customer service strategy and can be simply stated or very complex but either way, they communicate the company’s intent to stand behind the product or service they provide.
Customer Service Guarantees are communicated in different ways. Sometimes there is a sign stating the written guarantee in the waiting room of a business or it may be written in an informational pamphlet or incorporated into information shared on a businesses’ website. No matter the format, it is important to put a guarantee in writing so customers have a comfort level in using products or services.
Following are some examples of customer service guarantees I found on the following company websites.
Otter Tail Power Company Customer service guarantee
Your satisfaction is a top priority
We will provide timely, courteous customer service. If ever we’re discourteous, or if customers’ inquiries are not handled in a timely manner, we encourage customers to let us know. Customer comments will help us to better serve them.
We will connect a customer’s service by the date promised. If we fail, we’ll automatically credit that customer’s account $50. This commitment does not apply during severe storm conditions or emergency events, if access to that premises is not available or is deemed unsafe, if contractors are the cause of the delay, or if extenuating circumstances prevent a timely connection.
We will provide customers with an accurate bill. If a customer’s bill is inaccurate, in addition to correcting it, we’ll automatically credit that account ($25 for residential customers and $150 for commercial customers). This does not apply to estimated or prorated bills or to self-read meters.
We will respect each customer’s property. Respecting the property of others is a fundamental courtesy. If our employees damage property, they will initiate a prompt, mutually agreeable resolution of the problem.
If you aren’t happy, we want to know. Please contact us by email or call customer service at 800-257-4044 whenever you have a concern or a problem with your electric service.
Pearle Vision customer service guarantee
We want you to be happy with your new glasses. That’s why we’ll repair or exchange them for up to 30 days at no charge to you. This guarantee does not cover accidental damage, scratches or breakage. Valid at participating locations.
Comcast Customer service guarantee
Since 1963, Comcast has been dreaming big.
We want our customers to be amazed with the choice Comcast offers, excited by the innovation Comcast provides and satisfied with the service and reliability of every interaction with Comcast. Our goal is to provide you with a consistently superior customer experience—whether at sign-up, during the normal course of business or during a service visit. The Customer Guarantee lets you know what you can and should expect from Comcast—and what we’re doing to hold ourselves accountable every day.
We make the following guarantees:
1. We will give you a 30-day, money-back guarantee on all our services.
If you’re not satisfied and wish to cancel service for any reason, you can do so in the first 30 days and get your money back. Simply return all equipment in good working order and we’ll refund the monthly recurring fee for your first 30 days of service and any charges you paid for standard installation.
2. We will treat you and your home with courtesy and respect.
Our technicians will display their Comcast identification clearly when they arrive at your home. They will be trained and equipped to complete the job on the first visit. Our Customer Account Executives will be courteous and knowledgeable when you contact us.
3. We will answer your questions at your convenience.
You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week regarding any service-related issue by calling 1-800-COMCAST or in any of the following ways:
- Online, via Ask Comcast
- Live Chat online with a Comcast Technician
- Online community forum
- Send us an e-mail and receive a response within 24 hours
4. We will offer easy-to-understand packages and provide you with a clear bill.
Our packages are designed to be straightforward. A call or visit to our website makes it easy to find a package that’s right for you. We aim for the same clarity with our bills. You may view your monthly statement and service details anytime by visiting www.comcast.com.
5. We will continually offer the best and most video choices.
We’re working hard to bring more choices to our customers instantaneously by using the full power of our advanced network and decades of television experience. We will use On Demand to bring customers dramatically more content choices, including more movies, more sports, more kids programs, more network TV shows and more HD than anyone else.
6. We will quickly address any problem you experience.
After the first visit to your home, if we do not satisfactorily complete installation or can’t resolve a routine issue, we will extend a complimentary service to your account. Additionally, we won’t charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem.
7. We will schedule appointments at your convenience and be mindful of your time.
As a courtesy, we will call you before we arrive at your home. And if we fail to arrive for a scheduled visit during the appointment window, we will credit $20 to your account.*
*Subject to any local restrictions or requirements.
Every Comcast employee is dedicated to meeting the commitments above and to exceeding your expectations. We are working very hard to serve you better and listen carefully to your feedback. If you have any thoughts or ideas about this Guarantee or about your experience with us, we invite you to share them with us by sending us an e-mail.
Puget Sound Energy customer service guarantee
We make two service guarantees to you. First, we commit to keeping scheduled appointments, and second, we commit to restoring power outages as soon as we can. Here’s how our guarantees work:
If we don’t keep an appointment to install new service, reconnect existing service, or inspect natural gas equipment, you’ll receive a $50 credit on your PSE bill. Download the electric appointment service guarantee and the natural gas appointment service guarantee for details.
If your electric service is out for 120 consecutive hours or longer, you may be eligible to receive a $50 credit on your PSE bill.
Download the electric service restoration guarantee for details.
The two service guarantees are in addition to 10 service-quality measures that track PSE’s performance in providing utility services to customers and identifing areas for improvement. Our service guarantees are subject to certain conditions and are suspended during unusual and exceptional circumstances.
Measuring Our Service Quality
Every year PSE sets goals for improving the quality of service we deliver to our customers. These Performance Report Cards reflect our success measured in areas such as customer satisfaction, appointment scheduling and response times, Customer Access Center, field services and more.
Hanapin Marketing Customer Service Guarantee
1. Technology is ever changing> We promise to provide up-to-date information and best practices regarding your PPC or SEO account. The SEM team has weekly tutorials so we can teach each other new tactics and strategies that will only help improve your accounts performance. This is in addition to reading multiple SEO and PPC blogs to further our knowledge of the subject.
2. Communication is key> We promise to never leave you hanging around waiting for a phone call or email. For most requests, we respond the same business day and in all cases, in no more than 24 hours. We understand you have questions and want to answer them. If one of our consultants is out of the office or on vacation, we will be sure to put you and your account in the hands of another consultant that can do the job just as well.
3. We don’t “Set it and forget it” > We will never just leave your account running for days or even weeks at a time! Some PPC company’s goal is to get as many clients as possible and maintain the same level of traffic and leads month over month. It is our goal here at Hanapin to increase your traffic and leads month to month. So letting your account run on auto pilot isn’t in our list of services.
4. Follow best practices > As we mentioned before, we promise to keep your accounts updated as technology is updated and follow all industry best practices. This means no black hat SEO and we would never do anything to jeopardize your account or website in any way. We are always testing and will provide you with the information you need in order to get the best possible performance.
5. No bull > Hanapin employees will recognize that not all things go according to plan. Therefore we promise to be up front and honest about any fluctuations going on with your account, whether good or bad. We promise to let you know what’s going on and how we plan to fix any issues immediately.
These examples vary by industry and depth. Taking the time to offer a service guarantee and posting it on your website can improve a customer’s interest in doing business with you.
Finally, a guarantee is something that should not be taken lightly. It would be better to not have a written guarantee than to have one and not follow through or have the resources to commit to backing it.
Does anyone have a service guarantee they would like to share?
photo by: salon de maria