Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Customers buy products and services with an implied guarantee. They want to know that their purchase will be backed and guaranteed to give them what they expected.
Customer service guarantees are part of a customer service strategy and can be simply stated or very complex.
Either way, these guarantees communicate the company’s commitment to stand behind the product or service they provide.
Customer Service Guarantees are communicated in different ways.
Sometimes there is a sign stating the written guarantee in the waiting room, it may be written in an informational pamphlet or incorporated into the information shared on a businesses’ website.
No matter the format, it is important to provide a written guarantee so customers have a comfort level in using products or services.
The following are some examples of customer service guarantees I found on the following company websites.
5 Examples of a Service Guarantee
1. – Xfinity
The Xfinity Guarantee states:
Our Commitment to every customer:
Respect your time: We offer 2-hour appointment windows – seven days a week, day or night.
Simplify your experience: We’re always there for you with easy-to-use self-service tools across all devices and 24/7 support.
Make things right if we fall short: We’ll give you an automatic $20 credit if we’re ever late.
2. – Jetstar
The Jetstar 10 Point Guarantee:
1. Your safety is our highest priority
2. We commit to providing the lowest fares with our ‘Price Beat Guarantee’
3. Our team are always here to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
4. We’ll let you know your choices if your flight is changed before you travel
5. We’ll keep you updated and provide options if things don’t go to plan on the day
6. You will get what you paid for
7. You can have confidence in how quickly we will respond to an issue
8. You can have confidence in how quickly we will refund your money
9. We share your passion for protecting our environment
10. We commit to the privacy of your personal information
If we fail to meet this commitment, call us and we’ll provide you with a $50 Jetstar travel voucher.
3. – Puget Sound Enery
Appointment service guarantee
We’ll credit your bill $50 if we don’t keep an appointment to install a new service, reconnect existing service or inspect natural gas equipment.
24 hour power outage restoration guarantee
You may be eligible for a $50 credit if your power is out for longer than 24 hours, barring a major storm or other events. Conditions apply and you must either report your outage to PSE or request the credit within seven (7) calendar days following restoration.
120 hour power outage restoration guarantee
You may be eligible for a $50 credit if your power is out for 120 consecutive hours or longer. Qualifications apply and you must either report your outage to PSE or request the credit within seven (7) calendar days following restoration.
4. – Amazon
Amazon A-Z guarantee.
The A-to-z Guarantee protects you when you buy items sold and fulfilled by a third-party seller.
It covers both the timely delivery and condition of your items. If you’re not happy with either and can’t resolve the issue directly with the seller, you can make a claim directly to Amazon, and our team will decide if you’re eligible for a refund.
You may be eligible to request an A-to-z Guarantee refund in the following cases:
- Your item hasn’t arrived three days after the latest estimated delivery date.
- Your item hasn’t arrived, but tracking says it was delivered.
- The item you received was damaged, defective, materially different, or you changed your mind and you returned it in line with Our Return Policies. However, if you haven’t been refunded or the amount refunded was wrong. You must do the following:
- Request a return within the return period offered in Our Return Policies (or before the end of the extended return period for orders placed during the Christmas period).
- Return the item with tracked shipping. Your return must be postmarked within 14 days after you’ve arranged the return with the seller.
5. – Midco
Great customer service starts with trusting your service provider.
We want to make sure your experience with Midco® is a positive one. That’s why we offer the following guarantees:
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you’re not satisfied with your new or upgraded Midco service during the first 30 days from installation for any reason, we’ll refund your money – including installation. No questions asked!
If our technician misses a scheduled appointment or arrives more than 15 minutes after the scheduled arrival time, you may be eligible for a credit of $25.00 on your account.
These examples vary by industry and depth.
How To Write A Service Guarantee?
We have shown you some examples of a service guarantee, but how do you create one of your own?
A service guarantee will be demonstrated by your organization’s service standards. Work with a team of employees and create service standards that employees can adhere to.
Use these standards to teach employees how to respond to service issues. On the rare occasion that your team falls short of meeting customer expectations, use a service recovery process to make good on the implied guarantee.
Take the time to develop a service guarantee and post it on your website or print it to hang on the wall in a waiting area. This guarantee will give a customer confidence in doing business with you.
Finally, a service guarantee is something that should not be taken lightly.
It would be better to not have a written guarantee than to have one and not follow through or have the resources to back it.
Does anyone have a service guarantee they would like to share?